Here are some quick tips to ensure your data doesn’t get depleted:
1. Make sure that you restrict background apps as they may be ‘chewing’ your bundles.
2. Disable auto downloads especially for apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
3. Disable auto downloads for updates. You can instead update them more cost effectively using Wi-Fi.
4. When browsing Facebook and Instagram be sure to note viewing of videos and high resolution images takes more data than just plain text.
5. If you are unsure of the size of files you are sharing (like photos and videos) don’t send them using data. Instead wait for a Wi-Fi connection as sending videos and pictures consumes data bundles.
6. When you are on Facebook, switch off ‘auto play’ so you get to choose the videos you want to watch and therefore save more data.
7. Delete unused apps. These may be running despite you not using them.
But remember that the faster the internet speeds, the faster data bundles are utilised.